If you’re someone that wears makeup, you’ve probably been doing the same routine over and over for years. Or maybe you’re interested in wearing makeup, but it all just seems too intimidating. We totally get it. Thankfully, we’ve got some insider insight.
Here are 12 amazing tricks and tips shared by makeup pros that are a complete game-changer.
Getting ready in the morning or for a big night out just got so much less daunting!
1.) Use the right foundation for your skin type
Use a water-based foundation if you have oily skin. Use an oil-based foundation if you have dry skin. Everyone is different.
2. Save your mascara brush
Fun fact: most of the mascara magic actually comes from the brush. So if you found one that really works for you, save the brush when you’re done, clean it, and try using it with a cheaper bottle! It’s really not necessary to spend big bucks on this.
3. You don’t need a lip liner with your liquid matte lipstick
And if anyone tells you that you do, they are a liar. Almost all liquid lipsticks do just fine on their own.
4. Make your matte, full-coverage concealer look more natural with primer oil or coconut oil
Use just a drop of the oil of your choice and it will make your heavy concealer more radiant, easy to blend, and natural. It also helps with creasing!
5. Use a matte bronzer to make your eyes look bigger
If you’re doing a full face of makeup but want to keep your eyes bare, put a little bit of matte bronzer in your lid crease and bottom lashline. That way, they will still be bare, but they will also appear bigger.
6. Stick to matte eyeshadows and powders if you have fine lines on and around your eyelids
Using something shimmery usually accentuates those lines.
7. Always exfoliate and prime your lips with a serum
Especially when using a liquid matte lipstick. Cracked lips will show!
8. Use scotch tape for the perfect eyeliner wing
Angle it from your eye to your eyebrow for the crispest, cleanest eyeliner wing you’ll ever see. Boom, magic.
9. If you accidentally get mascara around your eyes, let it dry
Wait 5 minutes or so and then swipe it away with a Q-tip. At that point, it should flake off and not smudge.
10. Imagine a line from the outer corner of your eye to the tip of your brow. This is where your eyeshadow should stop.
A lot of times, people make the mistake of not bringing out their eyeshadow far enough. This can actually make the eyebrow look smaller.
11. Don’t sleep in your makeup
“Skin needs time to breathe and when you’re sleeping, your body is repairing the most. Sleeping in makeup is not only messy, but it causes breakouts, premature aging, and stained bedding. Take care of your skin, loves!”
12. Never store your makeup in a bathroom cabinet
The humidity can cause it to alter and go bad before its time, plus toilet germs.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.